|First Appearance:||Chapter (Manga)|
|Shaman:|| Asakura Munzer Redseb
Asakura Munzer Seyram
Golem (ゴーレム, Goremu) is a robotic shamanic medium created by Camel Munzer. It has a reiyoku rating of 550,000 and is currently used by Redseb and Seyram Munzer.
The original Golem was made in the first century by a Jewish shaman needing an unstoppable oversoul, and it was let loose during the crusades. Camel Munzer found some of the old plans to create a Golem, and he made an upgraded one with mechanical parts but could not power it. When Chocolove killed him Golem took his soul and used it as a power source. Golem was passed down to Camel's children, Redseb and Seyram, and they entered the Shaman Fight.
Golem possesses the ability to transform into different modes. This alters its outward appearance and also affects it capabilities. The following modes have been revealed so far:
- Normal Mode: Golem's standard mode. In this state it assumes a stocky, humanoid form.
- Combat Mode: In this mode, Golem appears more humanoid, and can use its weapons and combat abilities to their fullest extent.
- Flight Mode: Golem transforms into a large birdlike figure that is capable of flight.
- Submarine Mode: This mode is capable of traveling underwater, even at great depths.
Golem's cockpit is located on its chest. Inside, a diagram of the Tree of Sephirot is engraved on the control panel, which activates its various abilities.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Unlike most mediums, Golem is capable of combat without creating an oversoul. This because Camel Munzer created a furyoku battery to power Golem that only needs a soul to function. This allows Redseb and Seyram, who only have furyoku ratings of 800, to be able to pilot it. Nonetheless, the battery must still be recharged on occasion. Camel serves as the soul powering Golem. It can also be activated by voice commands, responding to names of the Sephirot recited in a specific order. Golem is also capable of unlimited regeneration, as long as Redseb's or Seyram's soul is intact. It is unknown if this event is linked directly to Redseb and Seyram, or if Camel simply chose to stop powering Golem when Hao had the Spirit of Fire consume Seyram's soul.
- Sephirot Blast: Golem's most powerful attack is a powerful beam emanating from a sphere on its head that has the word "emeth" inscribed on it. Golem can also take the form of a Sephirot Tree and fire the Sephirot Blast from many lasers on its body.
- Emeto Blast: Another powerful attack from Golem. When it used, the golem open his chest and uses a big beam. It's used when Seyram try to stop Hao before he starts his "sleep of the shaman king"
Rumored to be the animated being of legend, Golem was recreated in its current form by Camel Munzer. After his death, it became inoperable until Seyram managed to activate and control it.
With Golem, the Munzer siblings and Asakura Mikihisa formed Team Kabbalahers and advanced to the quarter-finals of the Shaman Fight, despite the former two not being Shamans.
Invading the PlantsEdit
Eventually, Golem is destroyed by Hao when he has the Spirit of Fire consume Seyram's soul.
The Golem plays a rather big role halfway through the manga, while it in the anime it is only seen with an unknown family of shamans.
- The word "emeth" is written on Golem's "eye". In a traditional clay golem, this word, which means "truth" in Hebrew, is written on the forehead to bring the golem to life. To kill the golem, the first "e" is erased, changing the word to "meth", which means "he is dead".
- Seyram says some Hebrew words when she uses the power of the Golem, "Hessed" which mean goodness, "chemu ha mephorash" which refers to the full name of God, according to the Jewish religion, and others.
- The names of the two most powerful attacks of the Golem, Sephirot blast and Emeto blast, come from Hebrew too. The Sephirot (Sephira in the singular) are the ways to speak directly to God, in the Jewish religion. Emeto is a shrinkage of the word "Emeth".
- It made its own first appearance in Shaman King:Power of Spirit, helping the Force Millenium steal the shaman's furyoku.