|English Name:||Lee Pai Long|
|First Appearance:|| Chapter 11 (Manga)|
Episode 6 (Anime)
Lee Pyron (李白竜, リー パイロン, Rī Pairon) is a fictional character in the anime and manga series Shaman King.
Pyron is a tall muscular man with short, wavy unkempt black hair. When he was still alive he wore a white shirt and black pants with a red scarf to hold them up. After being killed and turned into a Jiang Shi, he was given black clothing with green lining, styled after the Tao Family, and constantly wore a pair of pale yellow nunchaku on his back. After being killed his skin also became a little pale and turned slightly blue with stitches around his arms.
Pyron is a man obsessed with his Dǎodàndào and is always trying to perfect it. When he learned that he was dead for seventeen years he became enraged for a while but later calmed down. He is only loyal to Tao Jun and managed to resist the words and empty promises of Tao Yúan during Ren's attack. His dedication to protect Jun also results in him knocking down all the men who try to woo her.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Lee Pyron's Master, Shamon, founded a variation of the Shaolin Kung Fu style of fighting, the Ruichong Quan Kung Fu style (Eijuken in the English anime), which is the basis of Pyron's fighting style, the Dǎodàndào (導弾道, ダオダンドウ, Guided Missile), a combination of Boxing, Muay Thai, and Karate. Before he died, he intended to create a perfect version of his style and would not pass on until he had done so.
He was later turned into the prototype of a new Tao Style Jiang Shi, the power of science and the oversoul working together, and several mechanisms and accessories were added to his body. The pile bunker systems inside his arms allows him to crush even iron.
- Huǒjiàn Jiǎo (火箭脚, フォジャンキャク, Fojan Kyaku; literally Rocket Kick): A thrust kick aiming up in the air to send an opponent flying.
- Dandadou Fojuanyaku: A stronger version of Huǒjiàn Jiǎo that hits with greater force.
- Zhōujìdǎodàn Jiǎo (洲际導弹脚, ゾウジダオダンキャク, Zoujidaodan Kyaku; literally Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Kick): A downwards kick from up in the air to send an opponent crashing to the ground.
- Zhōujìdǎodàn Jiǎo (爆・洲际導弹脚, バウ・ゾウジダオダンキャク, Bau Zoujidaodan Kyaku; literally Exploding Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Kick): His new leg adds an explosive force to this kick.
- Fǔchōng Hōngzhàjī (俯沖轰炸機, フーチョンホンジャジー, Fūchon Honjajī; literally Dive Bomber): Pyron flips many times in the air gaining speed for another attack.
- Fuuchon Honjyaji: A variation of Fǔchōng Hōngzhàjī that has Pyron staying still in the air while rotating his arms.
- Hōngzhà Jiǎo (轰炸脚, ホンジャキャク, Honja Kyaku; literally Bomb Kick): A flying kick to an opponent's face or body.
- Yu-Zhou- Zhan Luo-Xia: A downwards stomp in the air to crush an opponent (modeled after the Dragon Drop used by Bruce Lee).
- Hong Zha Kyaku (Exploding Leg): A straight flying kick that blasts an opponent.
- Rocket Fist: When Jun installed a new arm for Pyron, she also installed a piston to increase the strength of his punch, allowing him to punch through steel.
Lee Pyron was born on November 29, 1948 and died at the age of 30. He trained under a master named Shamon who had mastered his own style of martial arts, and became a master of martial arts himself. He soon became famous as an actor and gained a lot of wealth before being later killed by Tao Ching. His body would soon disappear after his funeral before being made into a Jiang shi by Tao Ching and given to the Daoshi Tao Jun.
Coming to TokyoEdit
Pyron made his first appearance when Jun calls upon him to battle Yoh. He easily defeats Yoh and Amidamaru and it is only when Yoh manages to reach his feelings that was locked away that he begins to lose. Jun, angered by this, orders him to fight more and Pyron attacks with his weapon but it wraps around Yoh's arm.
Yoh strikes back but is stopped by Pyron, who is ordered to kill him by Jun, as the latter was getting bored with the fight. Manta runs away, but returns with Ryu's Bokutō allowing Yoh and Amidamaru to cut the talisman off of Pyron. He returns to normal and begins to wonder where he is, then spots a movie poster and sees "Twentieth anniversary" and suddenly remembers what the Tao family did to him. Enraged, he loses control and goes on a rampage then later begins to attack Jun. Yoh defends Jun, while Pyron continues to attack both furiously, while asking him to stop, but his pleas fall on deaf ears. Anna then summons Pyron's master and places him into Yoh.
Pyron is so into his rampage that he attacks his master, but he dodges all of the attacks and proceeds to pound Pyron into the ground. Shamon then tells Pyron to kill his ego but Pyron keeps attacking, forcing Shamon to decide that the battle has gone on long enough before defeating Pyron with a powerful blow.
Once Pyron's spirit is freed from his body and apologizes for his late actions, Shamon asks if he wishes to go to heaven with him, but Pyron does not want to go to heaven as he had yet to perfect his Dǎodàn-do. Shamon then asks if he wants to borrow a body like he just did but Pyron wants his own body to do the job of his own. He asks Jun for him to be her Jiang shi once again to which Jun accepts and they both leave happy that they found a place to belong.
Shaman Fights in TokyoEdit
When Jun defects to Yoh's side, Pyron attacks Tao Yúan but is quickly destroyed and cut into many pieces. Jun, with Pyron and Ren, are imprisoned by Yúan. Yoh rescues them and goes upstairs. When Pyron's master's zombie attacks Yoh, Pyron stops him and as Shamon attacks Jun and Pyron, he retaliates by striking him down and splitting his body in two. Yúan appears later on and knocks out everyone. Pyron manages to kick Yúan in the head but it does not do anything and he is thrown into a wall. The others get up again and want to fight and Ren defeats Yúan. As the group leaves, Pyron stays with Jun at the Tao compound.
Shaman Fight Second RoundEdit
When Ren was badly injured by Hao's followers, Anna, Jun, and Tamao are assigned by Mikihisa to find his team and rescue them from Asakura Hao. They find his team in the forest cornered by Asakura Hao's Team "Hana-Gumi". The Hana-Gumi attack Mikihisa's team but are knocked aside by the three girls. The two engage in battle with Pyron managing to destroy Ashcroft's Armor. Anna leaves with Mikihisa team to get to their match.
Jun and Tamao, believing they have taken out the third over soul, attack Chuck and Jack. They are successful in knocking them aside. Ashcroft gets up, with the armor on, and attacks Pyron, managing to impale him with his lance but it has no effect since Pyron is already dead. The lance is stuck inside Pyron and he then destroys Ashcroft. He readies himself to take down the last two ghosts but Ashcroft gets up again and grabs him. Pyron shatters the armor beyond repair and readies himself to kill the armor for good, but it is revealed that Kanna's medium is cigarette smoke and she cuts Pyron's arm off. Pyron tries getting himself back together but then his legs are cut off by Jack. The Hana-Gumi has had enough and quickly destroy Pyron's body and defeat Tamao. The Hana-Gumi attack Jun and Tamao but are stopped by the arrival of Asakura Mikihisa.
Invading the PlantsEdit
- His name means: the "White Dragon"
- He is a thinly-veiled reference to Bruce Lee, who died under suspicious circumstances, created his own style of Martial Art, starred in many films and whose screen name was Lee Siu-Lung(or Xiǎolóng in Mandarin, means "little dragon").
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 2 Extras; Shaman File 13
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 14 Extras; Shaman File 196
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 13, Page 7
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 13, Page 8
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 159, Page 3
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 13, Page 9
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 13, Page 9
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 17
- Jiāngshī - A Wikipedia article about Jiāngshī's
- Bruce Lee - A Wikipedia article about the movie star Lee Pyron is most likely modeled after
|e v||Tao Family|
|Members:||Tao Ching | Tao Ran | Tao Yúan | Tao Jun | Tao Ren | Tao Men | Tao Ginny (Anime Only) | Tao Soumei (Anime Only) | Tao Kyou (Anime Only)|
|Spirits:||Bason | Hei-Tao | Tao Family Ancestors | Kyuuki|
|Jiang Shis:||Lee Pyron | Shamon | Shu | Kyo | Gohukuseitai | Torture Brothers | Shimamura Jōtarō | Corpse Infantry | Yugai (Anime Only) | Gurai (Anime Only) | Jackie (Anime Only)|
|Tools:||Memory Tablet Armor | Bâo-Lèi Sword|