|First Appearance:||Chapter 275 (Manga)|
Ohachiyo (乙破千代, Ohachiyo) is small demon that once took care of the orphaned Asaha Douji who would later be known as Asakura Hao.
Ohachiyo is a small rabbit-like demon, but despite being one, he encourages Asaha Douji to look on the bright side of life. He eventually came to take care of the orphaned boy, until he bonded with him permanently when Asaha Douji used his first Over soul.
Ohachiyo met Asaha Douji (麻葉童子, Asaha Doji) soon after the boy lost his mother and became convinced to a demon, as well as determined to exterminate of humans. The two later became friends and the demon gave him the nickname, "Mappa Douji" (麻葉 童子), which meant "demon boy". Ohachiyo convinced him to give up his desire for vengeance and taught him to look on the positive side of life. Asaha Douji did as the demon said and the two lived very happily together, until one day a guard of the gate where the two met overheard the boy apparently talking to only himself. The guard was convinced the boy was a demon and later contacted an exorcist called Monk Densen Hoshi. When the monk finally shown up, Asaha recognized him as the same man who killed his mother and formed Ohachiyo into his first oversoul, then used it to kill for the first time. However since Asaha had depleted his Furyoku, Ohachiyo's powers were unintentionally absorbed by the boy and he gained permanent Reishi, that would lead to his descent into darkness.
Invading the PlantsEdit
Oversouls and AttacksEdit
O.S. "Ohachiyo" (O.S. 乙破千代)
- Shaman: Asaha Douji
- O.S. Type: Weapon Type
- Spirit Ally: Ohachiyo (Oni familiar)
- Medium used: Broken Katana
- Reishi (霊視, Reading the Heart): The ability to read other people's minds. This is Ohachiyo's power given to Asaha Douji with the Oversoul, but Asaha Douji overused the Oversoul and now has it permanently.
Ohachiyo is a manga-only character and never appears in the anime.
- When Yoh first saw the "乙" Kanji on his cloth he mistook for it the roman letter "Z".
- Hao originally named Opacho after Ohachiyo, but Opacho was unable to pronounce it well and it was eventually changed to Opacho.
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Mappa Douji
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 299
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 10 Extras; Shaman File 128
|Four Kings of Hell:||Enma Daioh | Mephistopheles | Izanami | Anubis|
|Oni:||Naka-Oni | Oh-Oni | Cho-Oni | Ohachiyo | Oni|
|Shikigami:||Dai Tengu | Zenki and Goki | Shikigami Kooni|
|Other:||Matamune | Goryoushin | Devil Mastema|