|First Appearance:|| Chapter 124(Manga) |
Episode 43 (Anime)
|Shaman:|| Iron Maiden Jeanne
Shamash (シャマシュ, known as "Mash" in the English Anime) is a Kami-class spirit and the guardian ghost of Iron Maiden Jeanne.
Shamash is the Babylonian god of justice and Jeanne's guardian ghost. He established the ancient laws concerning justice, seasons and wars in Mesopotamia as their sun god. In one of their religious pilgrimages, the X-Laws found a sacred place within an old church. Jeanne obtained Shamash when she broke the spell that had sealed him there.
He's an omnipotent Kami Class spirit, but he seldom does anything because the human world appears boring and dumb to him. He usually stands there with Jeanne just to instil respect, and only occasionally does he show his strength. When he eventually does, Shamash can be used to manifest various torture tools depending on which intermediary object is used. The mediums can variate from the face plate of the Iron Maiden, to Jeanne's helmet and even a pair of iron bolts.
He is later seen, wielded by Men in the Funbari no Uta chapters.
Oversouls and AttacksEdit
O.S. "Shamash"(O.S. シャマシュ)
- Shaman: Iron Maiden Jeanne; Tao Men
- O.S. Type: Spirit Type
- Spirit Ally: Shamash
- Medium: Iron Maiden's Mask
Description: Using her iron maiden's mask as a medium, Jeanne creates a gigantic doll-like version of Shamash that has an axe for a right arm and a body cage hanging from chains attached to its left fingers. The cage is capable of changing size, depending on the opponent. While Shamash is integrated, Jeanne stands in the iron maiden at the bottom of Shamash's helmet.
- Shamash Judgement: After caging in her opponent, Jeanne makes use of Shamash's large axe-arm to execute them.
- Shamash Kiss: Shamash can resurrect people by kissing them on the lips.While using this ability, the O.S. appears as Shamash is regular seen in his spirit form.
- God Hug: Shamash becomes colossal in size and forms normal hands for a hug. Jeanne used this "attack" on Hao inside the Great Spirit when everyone killed by Hao returned to show him love. The effect of God Hug was never shown, as it was interrupted by Luchist Lasso.
O.S. Torture ToolsEdit
O.S. Torture Tools
Description: By integrating Shamash's arms with screws, Jeanne is able to create various torture instruments such as spike-seated chairs, guillotines, and knee breakers.
- Gibbet Cage: A cage that stops the opponent from moving.
- Interrogation Chairs: Chairs with spikes in them are materialized. The chair also has straps which bind the victim and press them into the spikes.
- Guillotine: A guillotine materializes which is used to behead an enemy.
- Statue of Apega: A statue with two protruding spiked boards which are compressed to crush the victim in-between.
- Torture of the Skull and Knees: Shamash creates a pair of wooden planks that wrap around a victim's head and knees. The planks are then squeezed together and to break the bones.
Gate of BabylonEdit
In the anime, Shamash is the key to opening the Babylon Gate, an inescapable portal to another dimension. This is how the X-Laws' plan to defeat Asakura Hao. Once it is opened, everyone, including Hao's team and Yoh's friends, are sucked into it. However, before the gate closes, the Spirit of Fire grabs Shamash and pulls it in with them, devouring him and gaining his powers, after which it easily broke out of the gate. Jeanne's attempt to seal away Hao fails and almost costs Jeanne her life.
- Shamash - A Wikipedia article about Shamash.
|X-I:||Iron Maiden Jeanne | Marco Lasso | Lyserg Diethel|
|X-II:||Porf Griffith | John Denbat | Larch Dirac|
|X-III:||Cebin Mendel | Chris Venstar | Meene Montgomery|
|Fallen Angels:||Luchist Lasso | Hans Reiheit|
|Spirits:||Archangels | Fallen Angels | Shamash | Morphine|
|Vehicles:||Cargo Ship X|