|First Appearance:|| Chapter 127 (manga) |
Vodyanoy(ヴォジャノーイ, Vojanoi) is the guardian ghost of Zria Gagarik.
Vodyanoy, is a nature spirit that looks like a really large frog. Vodyanoy has the power to create water without limit and control it.
Vodyanoy and Zria first met during the time that she was captured for research within a Soviet laboratory. After the results of one of her many experiments, she noticed the presence of a small nature spirit contained within her current I.V. drip. This spirit was that of Vodyanoy and after conducting a Hyōi-Gattai between themselves, the two managed to escape together.
Oversouls and AttacksEdit
Description: By integrating Vodyanoy into the Drum; this oversoul manifests itself as an extremely large blob of water, featuring eyes and small front arms, surrounding the actual medium. In this form Vodyanoy can manipulate any water present within the surrounding area, no matter the amount or what form it is currently in. This includes water vapour found within the air, often making it appear that he can seemingly summon water from nowhere.
- Ice launcher: Cadimahide oversouls a viking ship, Zria creates water and Pino freezes the water generated into icicles firing at the opponent while riding on the boat in the air.
- Aurora Borealis: Pino gets on top of Cadimahide and Zria raises her drum. Zria creates a huge mass of water, Pino freezes the water into a big iceberg, and Cadimahide smashes the iceberg into chunks that rain down on an opponent. (named after the Northern lights)
The oversoul in the anime appeared more like water than when compared with its more slimy appearance in the manga.
- Vodyanoy is named after Vodyanoy the Slavic water spirit.
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 12 Extras; Shaman File 170
- Vodyanoy - A Wikipedia Article about the traditional Slavic spirit Vodyanoy itself.